1. Dampers: The light weight of these dampers accounts for the ghosting effect in the damped sound.
2. The front piece, or what would be the fall board on a modern piano, is decorated with brass ormolu.
3. The five metal braces between the pinblock and the bellyrail. Notice the six-octave compass.
4. The hitch rail. Notice the separation caused by string tension.
5. The decorative handle for the lid latch.
6. The original square tuning pins, the metal braces, and the dampers with the damper rail removed.
7. The una corda and split damper pedel for operating the treble and bass dampers seperately.